What is Depression? Depression is a mood disorder that is accompanied by anhedonia (loss of ability to enjoy the life), impaired thinking (pessimistic judgments, decreased self-esteem) and motor retardation. Several medical terms are used to describe depression, some of which are self-diagnosed: clinical depression; major depressive disorder (BDR); monopolar depression; dysthymia; dysphoria. The average duration of a depressive attack is 6-8 months, and this is one of the main differences between clinical depression and decreased …
What Are New Generation Light Antidepressants? Mild form depressive state can be healed by means of light antidepressants which are allowed for without a prescription in the local or online pharmacies. Such light antidepressants are of the new generation which usually do not bring such a damage to the body as medications released in the last century. Up-today over the counter antidepressants in Canadian Pharmacies as well are dramatically different from drugs of an older …
Although people suffering from depression may feel the same symptoms, thoughts and feelings, in fact, there are several various depression forms. Only a medical specialist can estimate person’s state, establishing a proper diagnosis and prescribing a treatment plan. Each type of depression has different patterns, triggers, diagnostic criteria and curing methods. Canadian Health&Care Mall will consider them briefly for you.
Depression Types and Forms
- The main (regular) depression, affects about 25% of people at least once in their lives and interferes with working, studying, sleeping, eating and enjoying life. Many things can provoke depression, such as loss of a loved one (death, divorce, breakage of relationships), bad relationships with someone, constant moves, stress because of trying to get higher education and further lack of work in the specialty, job change, retirement, etc. Violence (physical, mental or sexual) and social isolation are also common depression causes. Antidepressants and “conversational” therapy are common to treat this form of depression. As a result, you may apply Generic Prozac (Fluoxetine) as one of the most effective means when speaking about light antidepressants. If you are eager to get more detailed information about Prozac, you are welcome to read it on Canadian Pharmacy Mall.
- Chronic depression, also known as dysthymia, is a relatively mild but chronic form of depression that has influence on a fairly large number of people. People with chronic depression are capable to function in everyday life, but it is extremely difficult for them to find pleasure in normal activities, they have a constant feeling of sadness and emptiness that can persist for years. For some people with chronic depression, “conversational” therapy is effective enough, but antidepressants can also help.
- Double (bipolar) depression is a human condition during which a person experiences both major depression and chronic depression simultaneously. As a rule, people with double depression experience at first about three years of dysthymia, to which in the future can join more expressed depression forms. In this case, doctors may speak of double depression.
- Seasonal depression, known as a seasonal affective disorder (SAD), usually occurs during cold and dark months, but sometimes they may occur in the summer as well. In people with SAD, depressive symptoms usually occur annually at about the same time. Treatment can be comprised of “conversational” therapy, antidepressants including generic Prozac from Canadian Pharmacy and light therapy. Lifestyle changes can prevent the seasonal affective disorder development.
- Other severe forms of depression are less common. They include manic-depressive psychosis (bipolar disorder), psychotic depression (depressions accompanied by hallucinations and delirium) and postpartum depression. Postpartum depression also refers to men as well as to women. According to studies conducted in the US, 1 out of 5 men suffers from postpartum stress within a year after the birth of their first child.
Regardless of your depression form, talk with your doctor to find the best plan for your treatment.
Treatment Options for Depression
Your attending physician is likely to select a combination of treatment methods for depression. It is mandatory to discuss with him the treatment options to determine those methods that will perform better in your exact case. The combination of drugs and therapy is the most common method of depression treatment.
Depression Treatment with Antidepressants
There are several different antidepressants types, and they all perform a little differently. It will take several weeks for your doctor to find the best dosage, which maximizes the benefits and minimizes the side effects. When using drugs such as Prozac, Zoloft and etc, be sure to follow the instructions. Some of them require changes in the diet, for example, to avoid the interaction with dietary supplements. Once you start feeling better, you might think that you no longer need medications. But you should never change the dosage or stop using antidepressants until your doctor tells you how to do it safely and at the same time prevent a recurrence of symptoms.
Psychotherapy or “conversational” therapy is one of the most common treating depression methods. Communicating with a qualified and skilled psychotherapist, you will learn about the behavior, events, situations and problems that contributed to the depression onset. It will help you find ways to cope with these factors and regain control in your life. There are several different types of psychotherapy: individual or group therapy. Just like you can try several types of medications before you find the most suitable for you, the same applies to psychotherapy.
Alternative Depression Therapy
Alternative methods include:
- herbal supplements such as St. John’s wort infusions;
- acupuncture, acupressure, aromatherapy;
- dietary changes or nutritional supplements;
- such exercises as walking or yoga;
- Electroshock therapy, the last instance for a severe depression form that does not respond to conventional therapy.
Alternative therapies are most effective in combination with medications and psychotherapy. The doctor can also offer you different options. Canadian Pharmacy draws your attention to the fact that although alternative methods may seem safe and “natural”, they can also provoke side effects. Therefore, before you start using alternative psychotherapy, consult your doctor.
Remember that depression is a serious disease, not a sign of weakness. Most people cannot overcome depression without medical intervention. Fortunately, there are a large number of treatment options (with fewer side effects) that are available today than ever before. Be persistent and continue to visit the doctor until you find the best form of treatment that will help you live a full and productive life.
Internet is more and more becoming an assistant in solving various tasks and sphere of pharmacy is no exception. Now search systems have a whole bunch of useful information about medicines, their instructions, tips for use and much more. In addition, in search systems such queries as «online pharmacy in Canada» began to appear or if you enter «pharmacy» in the search box, the system itself will prompt: «pharmacy online Canada» or «Canadian pharmacy online». …
Canadian Pharmacy Mall is a dynamically developing company, founded in 1999. The pharmacy is one of the leading retail operators of pharmaceutical market in Canada and US. For a long period the company has established itself as a highly reliable, stable and responsible partner for its counterparties. A distinctive feature of Canadian Pharmacy online is availability of a wide range of medicines, medical cosmetics, diagnostic devices, as well as a large number of products aimed …
Nowadays it is not difficult to buy any medication you are required for treatment. Pharmacies are found on every corner and in any of them there is a wide range of medicines. But despite this, pharmacies selling on the Internet are gaining popularity all the time. So what are the advantages of buying a drug online? The Main Advantages of Online Pharmacy Mall Round-the-clock work. The main convenience – Pharmacy Mall work round the clock. …
Online pharmacies appeared in the Internet a long time ago, but they did not manage to win much popularity. For sure, this can be explained by the fact that people are not familiar with specifics of the work of these online services. Let’s try to find out whether it is worthwhile to bookmark an online pharmacy in your browser or better still visit regular pharmacy. Many pharmacies have their own websites, like Pharmacy Mall. In …
Any disease requires treatment. Especially, erectile dysfunction . This is vital for any man. Timely treatment of erectile dysfunction provides more chances of recovery than treatment of chronic process that has lasted for years. The problem is that men find it difficult to see a doctor. Especially with such an intimate problem. While they reach qualified medical help – they will try on themselves all recommendations of «knowledgeable» people which, along with benefit, can also cause harm …
Many people think that there is no sense in prescribing antibiotics for SARS, as antibiotics are antibacterial drugs and do not kill viruses. So why are they still prescribed? Let’s figure it out together with Canadian Health&Care Mall . Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a common infectious disease that is transmitted by airborne droplets or by unwashed hands, objects, things. The name of an acute respiratory viral infection speaks for itself: the infection is caused by pneumotrophic …
Levitra and Viagra are oral drugs used to treat erectile dysfunction. You may also know them by their generic names: Vardenafil and Sildenafil. Levitra (Vardenafil) Levitra is a modern medicinal product which action is aimed at improving erection quality and used for erectile dysfunction treatment. This drug is a PDE5 inhibitor which helps the penis achieve “combat readiness”, give the hardness necessary to perform sexual intercourse. Description Levitra is a unique remedy designed to solve …